Free Things to Do on Oahu
Every vacation destination offers plenty of great tours and activities to complete your vacation. Of course, organized tours and activities cost money and when traveling, sometimes we need to find a way to save a few dollars. There are so many free things to do on Oahu, giving you much needed activities to help create a great vacation and make sure you fit everything into your budget.
Free Things to Do on Oahu:
- Pay respects at the Pearl Harbor Visitor Center
- Take in the views of Oahu from the Punchbowl National Cemetery
- Enjoy beachside Friday fireworks at the Hilton Hawaiian Village on Oahu
- Find one of the island’s hiking trails and explore
- Stroll through Historic Downtown Honolulu
- Visit the King Kamehameha the Great statue across from the Iolani Palace
- Find a secluded beach in an unknown area
- Learn the history of the Battle of Nu’uanu at the Pali Lookout
- Drape your lei at the Duke Kahanamoku Statue along Waikiki Beach
- Attend a free concert at The Shops at Wailea on Maui
- Walk the paved paths on Magic Island
- Explore the multi-level, open air Ala Moana Center
- Lounge at Waikiki Beach, one of the most famous beaches in the world
- Hike up to the summit of Diamond Head
- Visit scenic lookout points like Halona Blowhole, La’ie Point, and Makapu’u Lookout during a drive around the island
- Visit the town of Kailua
- Find famous offshore islands Rabbit Island and Chinaman’s Hat
- Discover the North Shore Beaches, famous for winter surf competitions and big waves
- Enjoy Haleiwa Town on the North Shore. Matsumoto’s is the famous shave ice place, and require just a few dollars to enjoy a tasty treat on a hot day
- Stop at Dole Pineapple Plantation and enjoy the free offerings. Gift shop treats are very inexpensive.
- Marvel at a Hawaiian sunset from any of the island’s beaches.
Due to the high volume of visitors traveling to Hawaii year round, our Hawaii tours and activities sell out quickly. In many cases, tours sell out weeks or months in advance. To ensure your spots on tour, we recommend reserving your tours today. Call our office or book online to take advantage of our low price guarantee today.