Free Things to Do on Oahu
Oahu is a place with endless possibility and the more time that you spend discovering the island, the more you will see why the island is such a popular destination to visit. During your stay, you will have plenty of time spent on an organized tour of Oahu, or an activity that takes you to far off places around the island. There is so much to do on Oahu, and not everything costs money. There are plenty of free things to do on Oahu and this list of the top things to do will come in handy during your downtime, or if you feel a little adventurous.
Free Things to Do on Oahu:
- Honor fallen heroes at the Punchbowl National Cemetery
- Enjoy free Friday fireworks on the beach at the Hilton Hawaiian Village
- Hike one of Oahu’s hiking trails
- Discover a hidden waterfall
- Walk the streets of Historic Downtown Honolulu
- Take a picture at the King Kamehameha the Great statue
- Head to the North Shore
- Spend a day at a secluded beach
- Visit the Nu’uanu Pali Lookout and learn about the famed Battle of Nu’uanu
- Hang your lei at the Duke Kahanamoku Statue on Waikiki Beach
- Stop along the South Shore’s Halona Blowhole lookout
- Find the offshore islands, like Rabbit Island and The Mokes, all around Oahu
- Walk through the 3 story Ala Moana Center. No admission to enter, but you will want money for shopping and eating.
- Walk the paths of Magic Island at Ala Moana Beach Park
- Enjoy the shade from the Ironwood Trees at Waimanalo Beach Park
- Watch the sunset from Sunset Beach
- Watch the jumpers at Waimea Bay’s giant rock
- Spend a day in Haleiwa on Oahu’s North Shore
- Visit Kailua on Oahu’s Windward Coast
- Get up to Oahu’s most western point at Kaena Point
Due to the high volume of visitors traveling to Hawaii year round, our Hawaii tours and activities sell out quickly. In many cases, tours sell out weeks or months in advance. To ensure your spots on tour, we recommend reserving your tours today. Call our office or book online to take advantage of our low price guarantee today.