April 7, 2020
As one of the most visited destinations in the country, the island of Oahu features all sorts of great things to do for a vacation. It is easily the most visited island in Hawaii and for that simple reason, there is a ton of great things to know that will help you with your vacation. Whether you’ve been to Oahu before or are getting set for your very first visit to paradise, you will love it here. Here is what to know about Oahu prior to your trip:
- A large majority of the state’s population resides on Oahu, coming in at about 75% of total residents that live in Hawaii.
- With such a large portion of the population residing on Oahu, there is one primary city where people live: in Honolulu. Approximately 80% of residents are found in the city.
- Honolulu is the state’s capital and there are many impressive structures located throughout downtown that date back hundreds of years, and are now home to the state government. Drive down King St. for a tour of these beautiful buildings.
- Waikiki is where most visitors stay and features more than 100 hotel options.
- Navigating the island is quite easy, and there are 3 main freeways on Oahu that crisscross the island: the H1, H2, and H3.
- Oahu’s most famous area is the North Shore, where the surf is among the best in the world. In the winter months, the waves are huge, and you can find some of the best surfers in the world here riding the waves.
- Aloha Stadium hosts many local events, including University of Hawaii football games, high school football games, and huge concerts, in addition to the weekly Flea Market.
- Pearl Harbor is easily Oahu’s most famous site. Just a few miles from the airport, the tragic events that thrust the United States into World War II forever changed Hawaii. Today, you can visit the museums and memorials that are found here, telling the harrowing story of the events that unfolded on December 7, 1941.
- There are many options for Hawaii tours and activities on Oahu, including fun outdoor adventures, historic tours to Pearl Harbor, Sightseeing Tours around the island, and fun authentic Oahu luaus that are always a ton of fun.
- Diamond Head is an iconic site on Oahu and is found at the south end of Waikiki Beach. Take a hike up at sunset for an unforgettable view.
Due to the high volume of visitors traveling to Hawaii year round, our Hawaii tours and activities sell out quickly. In many cases, tours sell out weeks or months in advance. To ensure your spots on tour, we recommend reserving your tours today. Call our office or book online to take advantage of our low price guarantee today.