Held at Sea Life Park’s beautiful Makapu'u Meadows, Chief's Luau is different! It is highly interactive and a lot of fun! What makes this Oahu luau special is Chief Sielu, a world champion fire-knife dancer who is also widely regarded as the funniest and best all-around Polynesian entertainer in the Pacific. Passionate about sharing his Polynesian culture through music, story and dance, this show also has lots of hysterical comedy throughout.
Watch or participate in cultural presentations and hands-on activities, sip a Mai Tai cocktail and enjoy the scrumptious Hawaiian luau feast, a delectable mix of traditional luau dishes blended with Hawaiian Regional Cuisine. After the feast, enjoy a dynamic Polynesian show.
- Fun Hawaiian-style activities, a delicious buffet dinner and Polynesian show with a panoramic ocean backdrop
- Gorgeous location – just a half hour drive from Waikiki, yet a world away from city lights and hotels – luau grounds are backed by sea cliffs and overlook Rabbit Island and the ocean
- Luau activities include a lei greeting, coconut husking, hula lessons, weaving, tattooing, hands-on crafts, imu and ava ceremony and more
- Features Chief Sielu, a world-class Polynesian comedian who has been a guest on Late Night with David Letterman and Oprah Winfrey
Chief's Luau Menu:
- Mixed Island Greens
- Diced Pineapple
- Taro & Assorted Rolls
- White Rice
- Hawaiian Sweet Potato
- Succulent Butter & Garlic Braised Vegetables
- Vegetarian Chow Mein
- Slow Cooked Kalua Pork
- Roasted Guava BBQ Chicken
- Asian Style Island Fish (Shoyu, Ginger)
- Pineapple Cake
- Poi & Lomi Lomi Salmon are served during the activities portion of the luau
- Coffee, Tea, Tropical Punch
- Cash bar available (Mai Tais, Wine, Beer, Soda)
Special Needs Menu
Vegetarian, Dairy-free, Gluten-free, Peanut-free
Optional Roundtrip Transportation: Most guests choose the convenience of driving to the luau in a luxurious motorcoach (this optional add-on includes Waikiki hotel pick-up and drop-off). Roundtrip is per person (select transportation option on purchase).Choose from three different Chief's Luau packages:
Chief's Luau at Sea Life Park
Chief's Luau Dancers
Best Oahu Luau
Hawaiian Luau Dance
Best Oahu Luau
- Where and When:
If you purchased our optional roundtrip transportation, you will be looking for a green Roberts Hawaii motorcoach and escorts who will be wearing red Polynesian outfits. Please arrive 10 minutes prior to scheduled departure time. Buses will not wait for guests past departure time. Hotel pick-up is available from 9 convenient pick-up points in Waikiki with departure times ranging from 4:00 pm to 4:35 pm depending on your departure location. The exact departure time and location will be emailed to you.
Motorcoaches return to original departure point. Please arrive at your departure location 10 minutes prior to the scheduled departure time, as we are unable to wait for guests arriving late. If for any reasons you miss your bus, you will be required to find your own way to the luau. We suggest either Charley's Taxi, 808-233-3333, or City Bus 22 or 23. Return transportation to Waikiki will still be provided. Rescheduling to another date is an option, canceling is not an option.
For same day transportation questions, please call 888-657-1077.
If requiring an ADA bus lift, we require at least 48 hour notice.
Check-in begins at 4:30 pm. Gates open at 5:00 pm. Luau begins at 5:15 pm and ends at about 8:30 pm.
Physical location. Sea Life Park, 41-202 Kalanianaole Hwy #7, Waimanalo, HI 96795
Driving Directions from Waikiki: H-1 East, becomes Hwy 72 Kalanianaole Hwy, follow around coast past Hanauma Bay and scenic overlooks. Sea Life Park will be on your left. About 14 miles, 25 minutes. Parking is $5.
- There are no specific restrictions for this activity.
- Special Notes:
- Infant pricing (4 and under) allows children 4 and under to have their own seat and plate of food.
If optional motorcoach transportation is purchased, infants ride for free but may be required to sit on parent's lap.
Wheelchairs are available for rent for $5.00. You will need to reserve one ahead of time by calling Chief's Luau directly at 888-657-1077. Payment will be collected on site at check-in.
- Operation Days:
- Open Mondays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays and Sundays.
Closed Tuesdays and Saturdays.
- 3.5 hours
- Chief's Luau
- Maximum capacity is 500 guests